- Digital interface - no need to convert digital data into analog and then digital again for processing, which will have a loss of data integrity.
- Small - thin serial cable will replace large and more expensive interfaces.
- Easy to use - no terminators, devices ID etc…
- Hot pluggable for plug and play applications
- Cheap - the high volum consumer market will achieve low-cost implementation.
- Daisy chain connection
1. Consumer electronics devices (up to 100 Mbps)
- Video game devices
- Connect conventional PC peripherals (e.g. fixed disk drives, printer & scanner)
- Home networks & PC peripheral component sharing.
- Second generation DVD drives.
- Third generation DTH (direct to home) satellite receivers.
- Cable modem.
- Digital audio tape (DAT) recorders.
2. Prosumer electronic components (up to 200 Mbps)
- High-speed keyboard synethesizer, sound modules and samplers.
- Digital camcorders and VCRs.
- Fixed and motorized digital video conferencing cameras.
3. Professional and industrial market (up to 400Mbps)
- Substitute for the 8-bit parallel bus of the IEEE 488 Standard Digital interface for Programmable Instrumentation.
- Support transmission of 10-bit uncompressed digital video and several simultaneous channels of 16-bit, 48kHz stereo digital audio.
- High definition (HD, 16:9) digital input TV set (221Mbps for 30 frames/sec, 640x480 pels & 24-bit color/pel)
Cable Plug Connector
The fully shielded connector will have six contacts. The contcat design creates a Hertzian stress (combination of cylindrical radius, normal force, base and surface material hardness) of 225,000 - 275,000 psi in the mating area. The connector plug termination can be made by crimp, insulation displacement (ICD), insulation piercing & soldering.
The cable consists of two twisted pairs (signal pair) & two power connectors. The signal pair carries the balanced differential data signal, while the power conductors carries the bus power (about 8~40 VDC).
The signal pair will have individual braid (60~65%) shield. The overall cable has a outer shield (90~95% braid copper wire over spiral wrap metallized polyester tape, with the metal to the outside)
The cable assembly consists of two identical plug connectors jointed by a cable (Maximum length is 4.5m). When a cable assembly plug is mated with a socket connector, there should be 1 mm (minimum) clearance between overmold on the assembly plug & the shield flange on the socket.
Ho-Base Technology Co., Ltd.TEL : 886-2-2601-0011 FAX : 886-2-2601-0033
No.639, Sec. 1, Ren-ai Rd., Linkou Shiang, New Taipei City 244, Taiwan, R.o.c.
Web-Site : http://www.hobase.com.tw
E-Mail : email@example.com